Carthusian Priory (2008)
|• Total||6.09 km2 (2.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
Sint-Martens-Lierde is a village which is part of the municipality of Lierde. It is located in the Denderstreek and in the Flemish Ardennes, the hilly southern part of the Belgian province of East Flanders.
The village was first mentioned in 1189 as "Lierde sancti Martini". In 1329, the Carthusian priory "Sint-Maartens-Bos" was established. In 1783, the monastery was dissolved and became a parish church. In 1788, most of the monastery was demolished.
- "Sint-Martens-Lierde". Agentschap Onroerend Erfgoed (in Dutch). Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "L. 122 : (Gent) Y Melle - Geraardsbergen". Belgische spoorlijnen (in Dutch). Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "Sint-Martens-Lierde". Lierde (in Dutch). Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "Emiel Faignaert". De Wieler Site (in Dutch). Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- Media related to Sint-Martens-Lierde at Wikimedia Commons
- Page on Sint-Martens-Lierde from the official Lierde website (only available in Dutch)
|This East Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|