North Haven, New York
North Haven, New York
|Village of North Haven|
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||20 ft (6 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||310/sq mi (120/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0958809|
North Haven is a village on Long Island in Suffolk County, New York, United States. The population was 833 at the 2010 census. It is located in the town of Southampton, with its administrative office located in the post code of Sag Harbor.
North Haven is located at (41.020187, -72.312328).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there are 743 people, 337 households, and 209 families residing in the village. The population density is 274.2 people per square mile (105.9/km²). There are 578 housing units at an average density of 213.3 per square mile (82.3/km²). The racial makeup of the village is 98.38% White, 0.40% African American, 0.67% Asian, and 0.54% from two or more races. 1.48% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There are 337 households out of which 19.6% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.9% are married couples living together, 5.6% have a female householder with no husband present, and 37.7% are non-families. 30.9% of all households are made up of individuals and 18.1% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.20 and the average family size is 2.77.
In the village, the population is spread out with 17.4% under the age of 18, 3.5% from 18 to 24, 22.3% from 25 to 44, 28.7% from 45 to 64, and 28.1% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 50 years. For every 100 females, there are 86.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 82.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village is $74,583, and the median income for a family is $81,363. Males have a median income of $51,319 versus $41,875 for females. The per capita income for the village is $38,865. 1.8% of the population and 0.5% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 0.8% of those under the age of 18 and 3.0% of those 65 and older are living below the poverty line.
In January 2007, Robert W. Rust, a former assistant U.S. attorney decorated for helping save the life of President John F. Kennedy almost three years before he was assassinated, placed his 55-acre (220,000 m2) waterfront estate in the village of North Haven onto the market for $80 million. The property went unsold, and was taken off the market because the listing had expired at the end of September.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): North Haven village, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- "Suffolk County Tax Map Range". Town of Southampton. Archived from the original on January 8, 2012. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
Village of North Haven, Village of Quogue, Village of Southampton, Village of W. Hampton Beach, Village of Sag Harbor, Village of W. Hampton Dunes, Village of Sagaponack, Southampton Town
- Village of North Haven (Official site)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Bernstein, James (January 25, 2007). "Rich Cribs > Total Recall". Long Island: (Third item) Newsday. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- "$80M estate off market for now". Newsday. Retrieved 2018-04-08.